Featured Post

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was de...

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Repost-It's Okay To Not Be Okay

This is a repost from the very first post I wrote for this blog on February 9, 2016.


We all have those tough times--whether it is physically or mentally.  And sometimes, mentally we are "having a hard time."  This is what I would say to my husband whenever I sensed my depression starting to take over my brain.  They were code words for, "I-am-depressed-and-feel-myself-sinking."  And then he would sometimes ask me, "Do you need to go to the hospital?"  I said "Yes."  There were 6 times in my life where I said, "Yes" to that question.  And it was the worst feeling.  Have you been there?  Can you relate?  It's okay to NOT be okay.  I will say it again, "It's okay to not be okay."  You have permission to have depression as a Christian, a born-again Christian, who is human like everyone else and copes with many things physically and mentally like anyone does.

Join me on this personal journey to KNOW and ACCEPT that yes, Christians get clinical depression and it is NOT because they do not have enough faith and need to, "just pull yourself up by your bootstraps!".  Those are LIES.

My journey through depression has been almost a life-time long one.  You can have hope through God who is always there for you and "will never leave you, nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)  You can always count on Him and His Word. 

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."--Romans 8:1