Featured Post

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was de...

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Week of March 27-31: Throwback Thursday-You Are Stronger Than You Think


I think it's a myth when some people view people with mental disorders as weak-minded. Just because people with mental disorders have hiccups in their brain and need help with those hiccups doesn't mean they are weak-minded. I don't think of myself in that way and neither should you. If you have a mental disorder, you have likely been through a lot in your life in dealing with it. That takes courage to hang in there and see it through, getting the help you need. And I believe you become stronger along the way. And you have probably become more educated about yourself, what your triggers are, how to respond to those triggers to regulate or stabilize yourself.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

God is with us every step of the way in our lives--when we were unsaved and now when we are walking with Him. He looks over us like a parent over a child, watching, listening, teaching, showing us things.

Don't think your mental illness swallows you up so much that you're not even you anymore. That is only one small part of who you are. Don't think you can't be used by God to help save the hopeless, to minister to others. Everyone is broken in one way or another. God uses broken people for His big picture of seeing this world come to know His son Jesus. You are a part of that big picture. So take your position and stand.