Featured Post

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was de...

Monday, March 27, 2017

Week of March 27-31: New Morning Monday-Psalm 139

I apologize for getting this out late. It's been a busy Monday morning with seeing off our daughter on a mission's trip for the week since she is out on Spring Break. 

I love Psalm 139 because it reminds me that God knew before I was ever in my mother's womb. He then, "knit me together in my mother's womb"--knows me that intimately. It's a great answer to those who wonder if God ever notices them or cares about them. This is only one of many answers to that question.

Psalm 139 (NIV)
Of David

"O Lord, you searched
me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and
when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts
from afar.
You discern my going out
and my lying down;
you are familiar with all
my ways.
Before a word is on my
tongue
you know it completely,
O Lord.

You hem me in--behind
and before;
you have laid your hand
upon me.
Such knowledge is too
wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your 
Spirit?
Where can I flee from
your presence?
If I go up to the heavens,
you are there;
if I make my bed in the
depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the
dawn,
if I settle on the far side of
the sea,
even there your hand will
guide me,
your right hand will hold
me fast.

If I say, 'Surely the
darkness will hide me
and the light become night
around me,'
even the darkness will not
be dark to you;
the night will shine like
the day,
for darkness is as light to
you.

For you created my inmost
being;
You knit me together in
my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am
fearfully and
wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden
from you
when I was made in the
secret place.
When I was woven
together in the depths
of the earth,
your eyes saw my
unformed body.
All the days ordained for
me
were written in your book
before one of them came
to be.

How precious to me are
your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of
them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the
grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

I only you would slay the
wicked, O God!
Away from me, you
bloodthirsty men!
They speak of you with evil
intent;
your adversaries misuse
your name.
Do I not hate those who
hate you, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise
up against you?
I have nothing but hatred
for them;
I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and
know my heart;
test me and know my 
anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way
everlasting.