Featured Post

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was de...

Friday, February 17, 2017

Week of February 13-17: Forward Friday: What's Your Purpose?

What's your purpose? God's purpose for your life? Has He revealed it to you? Don't feel left out if you don't know. But to seek His purpose for your life is a worthy cause indeed. We all want to know where we fit in this big world and what our part is that we're meant to play in God's plans. I believe He reveals this to everyone in His perfect timing. And it's hard to be patient for something like that, especially when you feel in limbo.

I was searching for that too. I was going one way that I really didn't feel was anything that was part of God's plan but more of my plans. My family had moved to another town not far from where we live now. We had connected with a church and my daughter and I were attending the women's weekly Bible study meetings. They started a study with a book called, My Beautiful Purpose by Susie Larson. It was a 6 week study and had CD's with each week's study. I experienced something in that study I had never experienced before. Every time we watched those CD's my eyes were glued to the screen. I couldn't look away, I would tear up which is not like me. I was deeply affected by this woman and the words she was speaking. I couldn't understand what was going on. But somehow with her conveying her trials and tribulations from her own life--I started to understand where I was supposed to fit in with God's plan for me. It was a huge revelation to me. That was a year ago.



Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying you should run out and buy Susie's book and she will show you your purpose for your life. For me, she was used by God to help show me my path. I knew that what I had experienced with my depression, being in psychiatric hospitals/wards, etc. was not for nothing after it was over--that part of it at least. My treatment has continued on a maintenance basis all these years. I knew I was meant to use it to help people, but never knew why or how. Plus, I had to work through some fears of my own, such as what people would think of me going public with my own experiences and not caring. I strongly believe God led me to start this blog a year ago to help people. And I knew He had my back. I was so excited to start writing it and still am. I like to write so it fit perfectly in with what I liked to do and what my experiences have been. I had a website for about 5 years during my days of recovery that were still fresh--that was about OCD and depression written to help people. But God changed the focus audience for me to believers in the church who are suffering with depression, but are being overlooked for whatever reason.

Hope has always been the foundation of this blog. And hope is found in Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. My hope is that this site has helped someone deal with their life of mental health a little more easily, helped a believer understand mental health patients better and clergy to better support them, in the name of Jesus. 

Happy anniversary CCWD!