Featured Post

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was de...

Monday, October 3, 2016

When You've Reached Your Limit

I was listening to the radio station KLOVE today as I was driving and heard a Christian singer talk about a time in his life when he was depressed and oppressed.  He felt like Satan was keeping him from getting a message out.  And he was telling God how can I do what you're asking when I am feeling the way I am.  And God told him to trust Him as he moved forward.  The singer was able to break through that depression and oppression, trust God and write the song that God wanted him to and get the message out.

1 Cor 12:9 tells us, "...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."...  I have been feeling like I have been hitting a wall lately.  It is one of those things I cannot pin-point, but feels very real.  Do you have times or moments like that?  I have been feeling rather lost these past few days with a feeling of yuck.  So, when I got in my car and I started listening to this guy's story, it hit a nerve.  You know how it feels when you KNOW God is talking to you...you just know it without a doubt.  Well, that's how it felt.  My eyes were glued to the road, but they were bugged out as if someone knocked me in the back of the head.  I knew I was getting a much-needed lesson from God.  And even though it sounded simple---I had been begging for simple, for something!  No one likes to sit in yuck you feel like you've been stuck in for a while.

I felt God was telling me that exact same thing that even though I was feeling depressed and oppressed that I need to keep moving forward and trust God through it all.  People are people folks.  People that we as Christians may consider super Christians--people who are in the forefront of the Christian community--Christian ministry leaders or singers of men and women that you and I know of.  They have they own struggles, their own tragedies in life.  They are not super just because they are in the forefront.  God has placed them there to help us in our journey, our walk with God while on this Earth.  But they are just Christians like us.  No one is better than anyone else.  We can learn so much from each other though--that is part of why fellowship among believers is so important.  To come along side one another and help one another when someone is struggling and having a difficult time.  If you are in the midst of a difficult time, keeping moving forward and keep looking to the One who won't let go.  God bless!